LG V20 users have been eagerly awaiting the Android 8.0 Oreo update, which brings a host of new features and improvements. Here’s a look at what’s new in the Android 8.0 Oreo update for the LG V20, as well as how to check for OTA updates on your device manually.
Android 8.0 Oreo Changelog
The Android 8.0 Oreo update for the LG V20 brings a range of new features and improvements. Here’s a rundown of some of the major changes:
- Picture-in-Picture mode: This feature lets you watch videos while using other apps simultaneously.
- Notification Dots: Notification Dots appear on app icons to indicate that there are unread notifications.
- Autofill API: Autofill allows you to save your login credentials for different apps and websites.
- Adaptive Icons: Adaptive Icons make app icons look consistent with the rest of the UI, regardless of the device’s OEM.
- Improved Battery Life: Oreo comes with background app limits that can help improve battery life.
- Performance Improvements: Android Oreo brings performance improvements and optimizations that can make your device faster and smoother.
How to check OTA Update on V30 manually?
If you’re eager to get the LG V20 Android 8.0 Oreo update, you can check for OTA updates on your device manually. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to your device’s settings app.
- Scroll down and tap on “System.”
- Tap on “Software Update.”
- Tap on “Check for Update.”
- If an update is available, follow the on-screen instructions to download and install it.
If you’re unable to find the update using this method, you can also try using the LG Bridge software to check for updates on your computer. Simply download and install LG Bridge on your computer, connect your LG V20 to your computer via USB, and follow the on-screen instructions to check for and install updates.
The first step to installing the LG V20 Android 8.0 Oreo update manually is to download the firmware files. To do this, you will need to find a reliable source for the firmware files. You can search online for LG V20 firmware files for your specific model and carrier. Once you find the firmware files, download them to your computer.
Steps to Install LG V20 Android 8.0 Oreo Update manually
Now that you have the firmware files downloaded, it’s time to install the LG V20 Android 8.0 Oreo update manually. Here are the steps to follow:
- Backup Your Data: Before you begin the installation process, it’s important to backup your data to ensure that you don’t lose any important files. You can use LG Backup or any other backup software to backup your data.
- Charge Your Device: Make sure your device is fully charged or has at least 50% battery life to avoid any interruptions during the installation process.
- Install LG Drivers: Download and install the LG drivers on your computer to ensure that your device can be detected during the installation process.
- Enable USB Debugging: Enable USB Debugging on your LG V20 by going to Settings > Developer Options and enabling USB Debugging.
- Boot Your Device into Download Mode: Power off your device and press and hold the Volume Up button while connecting it to your computer via USB. Your device should now be in Download Mode.
- Open LGUP: Open the LGUP software on your computer and select the firmware files you downloaded earlier.
- Start the Installation: Click on “Start” to begin the installation process. Your device will now start updating to Android 8.0 Oreo.
- Wait for the Installation to Complete: Wait for the installation to complete. Your device may restart several times during the installation process.
- Reboot Your Device: Once the installation is complete, reboot your device to finish the process.
Installing the LG V20 Android 8.0 Oreo update manually can be a bit complicated, but it’s a good option for users who are eager to get the update on their device. By following the steps outlined above, you can download the firmware files and install the update on your device manually. However, it’s important to note that manually installing updates can be risky and may void your device’s warranty, so proceed with caution. With the LG V20 8.0 update, you can enjoy a range of new features and improvements that will enhance your user experience on the device.